[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Revived Book Club Initial Meeting
  • FangXianShengFangXianSheng
    It seems that a few people have shown strong interest in getting the book club up and going again.  I would like to offer a space and time so that we get started.

This will just be a meeting to have a discussion about when, how often, and which books to start with.

Come join me on Thursday, August 27th from 11am - 12pm @ InBetween International
    No. 176 SiWei 4th Road.  3F-1

MRT: The closest MRT stop is SanDuo Road near Mega 21 Department Store (三多路 大遠百).  It's about a 12 min walk.
    BUS: The nearest bus stop is LingYa Night  Market (苓雅市場) Bus Numbers: 0南South、0北North、100、214、83、高雄客運8039、環狀幹線168
      After getting off the bus it will be about a 3-4 minute walk from ChengGong Road (成功路) to our place on SiWei.

InBetween is on the 3rd floor of 維仁大廈 (No. 176)  The entrance is easy to miss so look for the posters.  Our building is located next to PX Mart (全聯) on the corner of SiWei 4th Road (四維四路) and YongTai Road (永泰路).

If you have any problems finding us please call Zona @ 0909106123 or Nick @ 0988209117
    This is coming up tomorrow.  I hope the people who showed interest will be able to make it.  We can start it with 5-6 people and grow or adjust from there.  Again, this meeting is just an initial planning style meeting.  Bring a few book suggestions and let's get this going.  Hope to see you all then.
  • mel_a16mel_a16
    Books have to be in Chinese or English or flexible?
    Math Teacher in Kaohsiung
    FB: Little Bohah
  • mel_a16mel_a16
    Oh Oops Haha already happened
    We didn't have quite the showing we hoped for during the first meeting.  I have found a few more people interested and will try and do another initial meeting possibly in the next two weeks.  So keep an eye on the thread if you guys are still looking to do this.
  • RossiterRossiter
    I just got back to Kaohsiung. I am interested too
  • alexandra53190alexandra53190
    Sorry, I completely forgot :/ if you do it again I won't miss it.
    Round 2...

I'm looking at the initial meeting being Thursday (8/27) from 11:00am - 12:00pm.  The goal is just to get the group settled and choose a date/time and book.  Please bring a few books you'd be interested in reading together.

I will edit the top post which has the address and instructions on how to get there.  Look forward to seeing you all there.
    This is coming up tomorrow.  I hope everyone remembers and makes time.  See you then!

• mel_a16mel_a16
    Oh dang. I can't do daytime during the weekend. Only evenings during the week - or weekends :)
    A few different people came this time.  If people are really interested in this but require a different day/time please let me know.  My space is usually running events during the weekend but if people need a weekend afternoon I can try to make sure we have an hour to meet.  Please just post your available times here so we can get a larger group.
  • mel_a16mel_a16
    Weekends = my preference. :) 
  • RaymonRaymon
    Did this happen on 27th?
    We had a meeting yes.  I will try and do another meeting on a weekend in September but not sure which date yet.  If people who are really interested could be more specific about what day of the week and when they are available that would go a long way to doing this on a bigger scale.
  • MangoBMangoB
    Hey, my partner and I just moved to Kaohsiung and would love to start up with book club! We've both been in book clubs before so know the drill;) We are both still looking for work so any time/day would currently be fine. Though I guess in the long run a weekend afternoon may be better as most teaching hours seem to fall in the weekday afternoon/evening.....
  • LjvrLjvr
    Hi, please let me know if new people can still join the bookclub and when the meetings are,thanx.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters