[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Looking for Part-time/Full-time Employment in Kaohsiung Area
  • nwnovaklhsnwnovaklhs
    Dear employee seekers of Kaohsiung,

My name is Nathan (Nate), and I have lived in Taiwan for ten years. I possess a bachelor's degree (double-major) in 1) English (Writing Concentration) and 2) History-Political Science and am currently a Master's student at the National Sun Yat-sen University. My past work experience in Taiwan (ten years) includes teaching children from age three to adults (including professionals), writing and editing for junior high school English coursebooks and teaching materials, and translating (English-Chinese, Chinese-English) professional and academic materials for classroom and business use. Several of my writings have appeared in local (Taiwan) and international online publications (links for which I can provide upon request). I am also proficient in Mandarin. 

I am looking for part-time or full-time employment possibilities and am open to anything. As far as teaching English is concerned, I would love an opportunity to teach adults on a more regular basis.  My visa and ARC are provided via marriage, so there is no need to go through all of the mundane paperwork with me. So, if you and/or your organization are/is currently looking for a writer, editor, translator, and/or teacher, and you like what you've read so far, please feel free to email me at nwnovaklhs@gmail.com. I can provide my current CV/resume, university and graduate transcripts, references, and other necessary materials at your request. 

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Nathan W. Novak (Nate), 李漢聲
  • JaiyoismJaiyoism
    Hi Nathan,
    Please check the link below, Gjun are looking for teachers for adult classes,
    regards
    Connecting expats!
    Thanked by 1nwnovaklhs
  • nwnovaklhsnwnovaklhs
    Hi Jaiyoism,

I have tried contacting Gjun via the link and contact information provided but have thus far gotten no response. Hence, one reason for my posting here. Thanks!

Nate
  • RaymonRaymon
    Often these places only open in the afternoon (when students are off school)
    Thanked by 1nwnovaklhs
  • nwnovaklhsnwnovaklhs
    Hi Raymon,

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I did message several days ago and applied at the Gjun website as well. Will be asking for confirmation that they did in fact receive my information soon. Thanks!
  • HunghuiminHunghuimin
    Hi Nathan, 
    My school is looking for a part-time English teacher in September. The working hours will be 10 hours a week. You'll only have to work two days in a week, either on Thursday and Friday from 1:30 to 8:00 (a half-hour break) or on Monday and Friday at the same time period. Students' age group is 7-12 and the class size is under 10. Syllabus and teaching materials are provided. 
    If you're interested, please contact me at carol1976tw@gmail.com
    Thanks!

Sammi 
  • louis933louis933
    JONATHAN Language Center needs full-time and part-time English Teachers, ASAP approx. 20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, afternoons and evenings ARC + Work Permit + National Health/Dental Insurance provided + Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree(Government requirement). Competitive hourly wage(600/per hr~850/per hr), depending on experience. Native speakers of English. Experience teaching children Grade 1-5 a bonus, but will train if needed. Complete Curriculum and lesson planning provided by Chinese Co-workers. A well established (6 branches) and rapidly expanding business, JONATHAN Language Center invites any interested teachers to contact and set up an interview with Melody, mob:0975-389-681(available 10am-6pm) Please send resume by e-mail (sorina.chai@yahoo.com.tw) and/or bring to interview. Ziyou Branch:#111, Ziyou 1st Rd, Sanmin Dist., Kaohsiung City-自由校:高雄市三民區自由一路111號 Nanping Branch:#863, Nanping Rd, Gushan Dist., Kaohsiung City-南屏校:高雄市鼓山區南
  • RaymonRaymon
    @louis933 please stop spamming the forums... Tnx

FYI @admin
  • elisahsiao717elisahsiao717

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters