[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Moscow to Kaohsiung
  • marshallmarshall

Hey folks,

I just arrived in Taiwan last Saturday from Russia where I was teaching English. I just recently accepted a job offer in Kaohsiung and I'll be moving down tomorrow, Tuesday the 4th. I would like to make some local friends and get the ball rolling on a first year in the South! I'll be held up in a hostel for a week or so but after that I hope to find an apartment. Does anyone have experience in finding a flat before getting an ARC?

Anyhow I look forward to meeting you all in the near future.

Best,

Alex

• williamlee1682williamlee1682
    :)>-
    Thanked by 1marshall
  • XuanXuan
    Welcome to Kaohsiung!
    Thanked by 1marshall
  • marshallmarshall
    Thanks!
  • JaiyoismJaiyoism
    @marshall welcome to the forums
    Connecting expats!
    Thanked by 1marshall
  • handmeidanhandmeidan
    Hey Alex, welcome to Kaohsiung!

I just started learning Russian from a co-worker/friend, and I'd love to hear about your experiences abroad if you want to grab a tea sometime and chat! I'm hoping to travel there sometime in the near future, so I'd love any advice you may have.  As for flats, are you planning on having a flatmate? You may have better luck using their contract (though at this point, you've probably already got it sorted).

All the best,
    Amanda
  • ErllenaErllena
    Hi.
    welcome to Kaohsiung.
    :D
  • CloboClobo
    Welcome :D 
  • joyceisswelljoyceisswell
    Hi, Welcome to Kaohsiung:)

I'm looking for someone who can do language exchange(either Russian or English) with me, I am a grad student major in Teaching Chinese As a Second Language, so if you are interested in learning Chinese, feel free to contact me:) I would really appreciate it if you could help me with my Russian:).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters